Earlier this summer, The American Marketing Association of Phoenix awarded the Castelazo Content team three Spectrum Awards for our submissions in the inaugural content category. Our submissions included a bylined article, a white paper, and a content marketing campaign. So far we have shared about our winning entry for Content: Case Studies / Articles and Content: Marketing Campaign. This month we want to share about our winning entry for Content: White Papers.
Castelazo Content and FiREapps have been working together since November 2012. We collaborate with the company’s internal marketing and sales teams strategizing and developing thought leadership and sales enablement content – including white papers, articles, blog posts, and case studies.
We developed and published a white paper – FiREapps 2014 Q1 Corporate Earnings Currency Impact Report in the second quarter of 2014. Our goal was to leverage it as thought leadership to generate leads, convert leads into opportunities, and opportunities into clients. The metric by which we define success of the white paper is return on investment (ROI) – as measured by the cost of the white paper relative to the value it drives. FiREapps assigned values to the leads and opportunities the white paper could generate based on average conversion rates and customer lifetime value.
506% ROI generating leads
- The emedia email marketing campaign (which sent the white paper teaser and download link to likely prospects) returned an ROI of 506%
- Social media marketing engaged prospects and generated leads – posts about the white paper by FiREapps and its executives drove visits to the white paper download page
- PR built awareness and influenced the influencers, and generated leads – in-depth coverage of the white paper in Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg Businessweek, and gtnews, plus broadcast media interviews with FiREapps CEO about the white paper (including on FOX Business) drove visits to the white paper download page
1300% ROI converting leads to opportunities
- The in-house email from individual sales reps to warm leads sharing the Forbes article How Emerging Market Mayhem Turns Up In Corporate America’s Earnings returned an ROI of 1300%
Converting opportunities into clients
- FiREapps’ sales representatives reported that when they led in to a call with the white paper findings, the call was much more likely to really engage the opportunity than without the white paper
FiREapps is a Scottsdale-based born and bred fin tech success story. The company develops Software-as-a-Service solutions to help multinational corporations manage their foreign currency exchange risk.
PDF of the white paper FiREapps 2014 Q1 Corporate Earnings Currency Impact Report: http://castelazocontent.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/FiREapps-Currency-Impact-Report-Q12014.pdf
Hyperlinks to ancillary content (all described on page 2):
- Wall Street Journal coverage of the white paper: http://blogs.wsj.com/cfo/2014/07/08/currency-swings-hurt-europe-in-the-first-quarter/
- Forbes article ghostwritten by us for FiREapps’ CEO: http://castelazocontent.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/How-Emerging-Market-Mayhem-Turns-Up-In-Corporate-Americas-Earnings-Forbes.pdf
- Bloomberg Businessweek coverage of white paper: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-07-08/currencies-cut-1st-qtr-earnings-by-7-4-billion-fireapps-says